Sunday, September 28, 2014

End of week 2 of school!

Sorry for not posting in a while! :P I've been really really busy! So, school here is interesting. We have 5, 1 hour classes every day, all in the same room (with a couple of exceptions) and we have school on Saturday as well, which took some getting used to... But honestly we get out at 1:10, so it's not like we don't have time to do stuff on Saturdays.

Anyways, besides school I've also been doing Italian lessons Monday, Wednesday and Friday, which has been helping a lot! Also I recently signed up to take piano lessons at a local school of music, which made me realize... I should have kept taking piano lessons in NY XD I am so bad at the piano right now... But I'll get better.

My English teacher is still really nice. She uses me as a sort of cultural reference (seeing as I know a lot about the cultures of certain English speaking nations). The other day, she asked someone a question, and he replied with "Yea." but it didn't sound wrong to me because I'm used to people speaking in slang, and the teacher scolded him for saying that :P

Oh there is an International festival in town this weekend, I think I might try the apple pie at Dolci Americani (American desserts) just to see if its authentic! lol!

This morning I made breakfast, similar to what my dad makes sometimes at home: Scrambled eggs (with tomatoes and garlic), Breakfast potatoes, and Bacon :3 Heres some pics!

  (left to right: mamma, papà, Gabriele (mio fratello), Matilda (his girlfriend), e Anna (mia sorella))
                                         (left to right: Gabriele, Matilda, papà, Anna, e Me)


Oh by the way, the accent on papà is very important. papà=dad, la papa= the pope!


Lets see if I have any other photos to share...



Here's some pictures of Ancona that I took two weeks ago before I left there:



Hooray for hangliding...



So heres this place called "Museo di Casa Romei", and we got in on a special night because its usually closed at night, and also the price was reduced to €1, which was nice. I don't remember all the facts, but this place is old. Like, America hadn't been discovered yet when it was built, (in 1442). Some of the newer stuff in the museum are from the early 16th century, but most are from the early or mid 15th century.


 Wanna take a bath? They found an old bath under the floor:

 It was clear that some of the paintings had worn away over time :( Which was sad because there was a lot of beautiful, but incomplete art...



 Oh here's something interesting! I found out I've been secretly taking photo's and video's from inside my pocket while I'm on my bike! lol...


Anyways, thats all for now! I'll try to keep in touch more often! Ciao!

      -Liam

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing the details of your adventure. Glad you are enjoying this amazing experience. Love you!

    ReplyDelete